Marrakesh, Fez and Rabat (2nd ed.)
(Cadogan Guides USA)
published 2011 • 5 1/2" x 8 1/4" • 320 pages • full-color photos • maps
ISBN 9781566568203 • paperback • $21.95 •
"An exemplary guide in the distinguished series, this personal, comprehensive handbook combines Barnaby Rogerson's insightful cultural and historical background with his savvy practical information and outstanding recommendations on what to see and where to stay and eat."
"Rogerson's guide is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and filled with useful detail."
• Bursting with personal knowledge and practical information from renowned Moroccan expert
• Practical, reliable advice on negotiating the labyrinthine medinas, how to barter, and where to get the best bargains
• Complete insights into the history, religion, culture and architecture of these three magical cities
• Explores the winding alleys and interlocking courtyards of each of the three imperial cities
• Discover the snake charmers and magicians of Marrakesh, the hidden shrines and spice markets of medieval Fez, and the elegant monuments of modern-minded Rabat
• Detailed coverage of nearby day-trip destinations from each of the three cities, including the Ourika Valley, Essaouira, Meknes and Casablanca
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1) Introduction 2) History 3) Topics 4) Travel 5) Practical A-Z 6) Marrakesh 7) Fez 8) Rabat
9) Chronology 10) Glossary of Islamic and Moroccan Terms 11) Further Reading 12) Language 13) Index
Barnaby Rogerson first visited Morocco at age 16 and has been going back ever since. Over the last two decades he has found the time to write A Traveller's History of North Africa and lay pebble floors in grottoes, as well as writing Cadogan's guide to Morocco.
Cadogan Guides (USA)
Submit a Review »