Hardy’s Skiing & Snowboarding Guide 2009
(Cadogan Guides, USA)
Peter and Felice Hardy
published 2009 • 5 ½”x 8 ½” • 544 pages • full-color photos • maps
ISBN 9781860114083 • paperback • $22.95 •
A completely updated guide from award-winning writers Peter and Felice Hardy—internationally recognized as the leading experts on recreational skiing around the world
• In full color throughout with more integrated piste maps than ever before, together with the color-coded countries for at-a-glance reference, this guide offers honest, impartial knowledge, enabling you to relax and plan the perfect vacation.
• Information features an analysis of the 07/08 season, plus information on the ski property, family and corporate skiing—with insider tips on where to go and which tour operators to use
• Top Ten Charts listing every possible type of snow vacation, whether you’re a challenge-hunter, an après-ski gourmet, a lover of luxury, or simply seek airport convenience or the perfect, state-of-the-art lift system
• In-depth coverage of the top resorts, selected from over 6,000 resorts in 75 countries
• Personal recommendations for the very best places to stay, eat, take the children or party, plus invaluable telephone numbers and websites for ski schools, kindergartens, hotels and restaurants
• Extensive A-Z of world resorts complete with a comprehensive directory of over 200 tour operators, with details of the destinations covered by each, plus listings for tourist offices, winter sports insurance specialists, transport and ski equipment hire
Peter and Felice Hardy are both full-time travel writers and are acknowledged worldwide as the two most authoritative experts on ski resorts and the ski industry. They have spent many years skiing in some 500 resorts around the globe. In an average 18-week winter, Peter alone commutes from his home in Britain to some 45 resorts on both sides of the Atlantic. When they are not up to their knees in fresh powder somewhere in the Alps, the Rockies or the Andes, they can be found at their rural home in Hampshire with their three children and three dogs, all of whom are expert skiers and accomplished snowboarders (not the dogs).
Peter and Felice are the joint authors of some 20 travel books and co-editors of the ski information website www.welove2ski.com. Peter is the ski correspondent of the Daily Telegraph and the Daily Mail. Felice writes regularly in the London Evening Standard and for an enormous number of lifestyle and travel magazines, including Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair, BA High Life, Condé Nast Traveller, Country Life and Tatler.
Cadogan Guides (USA)
Submit a Review »