The Wicklow Way (2nd ed.)
Dublin to Clonegal
5" x 8 1/2" • 68 pages • full color photos, maps
ISBN 9781898481317 • paperback/waterproof • $17.95 •
The Wicklow Way is Ireland's first and most popular Waymarked Way, running between Marlay Park (Dublin) and Clonegal, 82 miles (132 km) to the south. This new edition is based on a research trip in Spring 2008. It has many route updates, 30 extra photographs and fresh options for accommodation.
The Way offers varied and scenic walking on the flanks of the rugged Wicklow mountains with loughs and waterfalls, passing historic buildings and hospitable villages. Much of the route lies over 1600 feet (500 metres) giving glorious views. Lower sections run through forests and farmland, over a mixture of tracks, roads and pathways rich in wildlife.
It contains all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday:
- drop-down map of the whole route in five panels (1:100,000)
- waterproof paper throughout
- the Way in sections, with summaries of distance, terrain and where to find food and drink
- the secret of how to book accommodation to avoid walking extra distances
- concise background on history, geology and wildlife
- extended 6-page feature on the monastic city of Glendalough
- planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane
- in full color, with 80 photographs.
Submit a Review »