Florida for Families
published 2008 • 5" x 9" • 246 pages
ISBN 9781566566957 (UK ISBN 9781905214624) • paperback • $22.00 •
“Florida is truly a beautiful state that has rightfully earned its place as one of the most popular tourism destinations in America. Florida for Families is an excellently compiled guide for anyone who want to bring the whole family to Florida, cataloguing the many family-friendly experiences that only the Sunshine State can offer. With entries on aquariums, zoos, nature reserves, hiking, and so much more to bring joy without breaking the bank, Florida for Families is a must for any family planning a Florida visit.”
—Midwest Book Review, August 2008
Florida is America's backyard, the biggest, coolest backyard in the country. From the swing set (the mind-boggling theme parks of Orlando and Tampa) to the sandbox (hundreds of miles of beautiful beaches) to the wading pool (the mighty Atlantic Ocean and magnificent Gulf of Mexico), Florida is where the whole world comes to relax, to play, and to pretend for a week or two that grown-up cares have been banished from the world.
Florida for Families will push you on the swing, bury you in the sand, and splash you in the pool, but it will do more than just show you the things you already know. Florida is filled with very special places, hidden treasures that can make your vacation a one-of-a-kind experience for everyone in your family. For example:
● There's an aquarium about every three blocks in Florida, but we'll take you to a unique one where you can meet sick and injured dolphins and sea turtles being nursed back to health.
● Zoos are everywhere, but why not go somewhere that keeps the humans caged up so the animals can run free?
● You can visit the oldest house in America-or the building that's 400 years older.
● You can talk with an astronaut, see real pirate gold, drive around the Daytona Speedway, or buy something at one of the world's largest flea markets and along one of its most expensive shopping streets on the same day.
● Brave souls can ride a bicycle along a tightrope, nature lovers will marvel at a single tree that's wider than a football field, and everyone will love taking a boat ride among the alligators-as long as they keep their hands in the boat!
Florida for Families will show you all this and much more.
Author Larry Lain has taken readers of Interlink's Family Travel Series to some of the world's greatest, most family-friendly cities. Now he'll guide your family through this most exciting of destinations until you know it as well as you do your own backyard. He'll not only show you the best attractions, but how to get around, how to find inexpensive accommodations and meals, and how to plan, budget, and organize the best vacation your family will ever take.
Larry Lain is professor of communication at the University of Dayton and author of many travel books, including the bestselling London for Families and Paris for Families
Submit a Review »