The West Highland Way, The
5 3/4" x 8 1/2" • 64 pages • color photos • maps
ISBN 9781898481416 • paperback • $17.95 •
"Practical and easy-to-use guides full of relevant information and advice."-The Great Outdoors Magazine
The West Highland Way is the first and most famous of Scotland's long-distance walks. It stretches for 95 miles (152 km) of superb scenery, from the outskirts of Glasgow, Scotland's largest city, through its first National Park, along the shores of its largest loch, ending in Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain.
This 2011 edition of our popular guidebook was fully revised in late 2010, with route updated for the "extra mile," many new photographs and revised text. It contains all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday:
- the West Highland Way in sections, with summaries of distance, terrain and where to find food and drink
- concise background on the history and wildlife
- information about side-trips, e.g. Ben Lomond and Ben Nevis
- planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane
- drop-down route map of the West Highland Way in six panels (1:100,000)
- in full color, with 70 photographs
- on waterproof paper throughout.
Submit a Review »