Belize and Northern Guatemala (Travellers' Wildlife Guide)
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" • 520 pages • full-color throughout
ISBN 9781566565684 • paperback • $29.95 •
Most travellers to Belize and Northern Guatemala want to experience lush tropical forests and other stunning habitats and catch glimpses of exotic wildlife: toucans and parrots, hummingbirds and hawks, monkeys and big cats, frogs and toads, crocodiles and snakes. In this book is all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about the region's magnificent animal life.
● Identifying and location information on the most frequently spotted animals.
● Full-color illustrations of more than 500 of Belize’s most common insects, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
● Up-to-date information on the ecology, behavior, and conservation of the
families of profiled animals, and on conservation in Belize and Guatemala.
● Information on habitats of Belize and Northern Guatemala and on the most
common plants visitors encounter.
● A section on Belize's famous coral reef and on the underwater animals most
divers and snorkelers actually see.
● Brief descriptions of the region's most frequently visited parks and reserves.
Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated – you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
Les Beletsky is a professional wildlife biologist and university zoology teacher. Prior to taking up writing wildlife guides he conducted many years of field research on the ecology and behavior of birds. He is the author of numerous books, including Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Peru in this series.
Submit a Review »