Peru (Travellers' Wildlife Guide)
David L. Pearson and Les Beletsky
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" • 520 pages • full-color throughout
ISBN 9781566565455 • paperback • $29.95 •
"Produced by Interlink Publishing, the Traveller’s Wildlife Guides are splendid overviews of the various creatures...Particularly helpful to me in this present volume is the authors’, as well as the overall series’, approach of presenting each taxonomic family in terms of its overall natural history rather than going into great detail at the individual species level... it is indeed to be welcomed by all... who seek a more multi-dimensional understanding of Peru’s wildlife, and how each family relates not only to one another but to the larger ecosystem as well."
From the world-famous Machu Picchu Incan ruins high in the Andes Mountains, to Lake Titicaca in southern Peru, to the Iquitos area of Amazonian northeastern Peru, travellers want to experience tropical forests and other stunning habitats and catch glimpses of exotic wildlife: toucans and parrots, monkeys and anteaters, frogs and toads, crocodiles and snakes. In this book is all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about Peru's magnificent animal and plant life.
● Identification and location information on Peru’s most frequently seen animals.
● Full-color illustrations of more than 500 of Peru's most common insects, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
● Up-to-date information on the ecology, behavior, and conservation of the animals.
● Information on Peru's habitats and on the most common plants you will encounter.
● Brief descriptions of Peru's most frequently visited parks and reserves.
● Information on ecotourism in general and on conservation in Peru.
Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated – you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
David L. Pearson and Les Beletsky are co-authors of Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands in this series
David L. Pearson is a Research Professor in the Department of Biology at Arizona State University. He has studied habitats from desert grasslands and coral atolls to tropical rain forests and has written more than 75
Les Beletsky is a professional wildlife biologist and university zoology teacher. He is the author of numerous wildlife guides including Costa Rica in the same series.
Submit a Review »