Southern Mexico (Travellers' Wildlife Guide)
The Cancun Region, Yucatan Peninsula, Oaxaca, Chiapas, and Tabasco
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" • 520 pages • full-color
ISBN 9781566566407 (UK ISBN 9781905214280) • paperback • $27.95 •
Most nature travellers to Southern Mexico—Cancun and the Yucatan Peninsula, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco—want to experience tropical forests and other stunning habitats and catch glimpses of exotic wildlife: toucans and parrots, hummingbirds and hawks, monkeys and anteaters, frogs and toads, crocodiles and snakes. This book provides all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about the region's magnificent animal life.
● Identifying, location, ecological, and conservation information on the most frequently spotted animals.
● Color illustrations of about 550 of the most common fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals—the species you are most likely to see.
● Information on habitats of Southern Mexico and on the most common plants you will encounter.
● Information on the underwater animals most divers and snorkelers actually see.
● Brief descriptions of the region's most frequently visited parks and reserves.
Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated – you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
Les Beletsky is a professional wildlife biologist and university zoology teacher. Prior to taking up writing wildlife guides he conducted many years of field research on the ecology and behavior of birds. He is the author of numerous books, including Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Peru in this series.
Submit a Review »