Australia - The East (Travellers' Wildlife Guide)
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" • 520 pages • full-color illustrations throughout
ISBN 9781566566148 (UK ISBN 9781905214211) • paperback • $29.95 •
Australia is one of the few travel destinations worldwide where almost all visitors want to view wildlife -- kangaroos and koalas, of course, but, increasingly, other animals as well: parrots, bowerbirds, dangerous saltwater crocodiles, large ground lizards called monitors or "goannas," and the colorful marine life of the Great Barrier Reef. In this book is all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about Australia's magnificent animal and plant life.
● Identification and location information on the most frequently seen animals.
● Full-color illustrations of nearly 650 of Australia's most common fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
● Up-to-date information on the ecology, behavior, and conservation of profiled animals.
● Information on eastern Australia's habitats and on the most common plants visitors encounter.
● A section on Australia's famous Great Barrier Reef and on the underwater animals most divers and snorkelers actually see.
● Brief descriptions of the most frequently visited parks and reserves in eastern Australia and Tasmania.
Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated—you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
Les Beletsky is a professional wildlife biologist and university zoology teacher. Prior to taking up writing wildlife guides he conducted many years of field research on the ecology and behavior of birds. He is the author of numerous books, including Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Peru in this series.
Submit a Review »