Great Glen Way (5th edition)
Sandra Bardwell and Jacquetta Megarry
5 1/2" x 9" • 72 pages
ISBN 9781898481638 • waterproof paperback/spiral • $17.95 •
The Great Glen Way runs for 77.5 miles (125 km) along Scotland's historic Great Glen between Fort William and Inverness. It follows the Caledonian Canal and passes several lochs, including Loch Ness, famous for its monster legend and Urquhart Castle.
The new 5th edition of our popular guidebook was fully revised after extensive fieldwork in 2014. It has been extended to cover the new High Route in detail, as well as addressing the needs of cyclists.
The guidebook contains all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday:
- full details of the two High Route sections launched in August 2014
- town plans of Fort William and Inverness
- hill and mountain climbs including Ben Nevis
- background on canal heritage, clan history and wildlife
- each section shows distance, terrain, food/drink stops and altitude profile
- planning information for walkers and cyclists
- drop-down map of the Great Glen Way in five panels (1:100,000)
- in full color, with 90 photographs, many of them new
- rainproof paper throughout.
Submit a Review »