5 3/4" x 8 1/4" • 64 pages • full color maps + photos
ISBN 9781898481577 • waterproof paperback/spiral • $17.95 •
The Cumbria Way begins at Ulverston and heads north for 73 miles (123 km) through unspoiled dales, passing the stone-built farms of the Lake District, going around charming lakes and running beneath rugged fells. Busy tourist towns and villages contrast with woodland, wild fellside, high passes and remote moorlands. The Way passes over the summit of High Pike (658 m/2158 ft) with panoramic views, and descends to the historic border city of Carlisle.
This guidebook contains all you need to plan and enjoy a classic week's walking:
- detailed route description
- Foreword by broadcaster Eric Robson
- geology, history, farming and wildlife
- information about public transport and travel
- lavishly illustrated, with 80 color photographs
- map of the entire route (1:110,000)
- on rainproof paper.
Submit a Review »