Arran Coastal Way
5 3/4" x 8 1/4" • 76 pages • full-color photos, maps
ISBN 9781898481799 • paperback/waterproof • $17.95 •
Revised for 2018 with new large-scale maps
The Arran Coastal Way is perhaps Scotland's finest circular long-distance trail, running 65 miles (105 km) around the Isle of Arran in a memorable week-long hike from Brodick. It's accessible from near Glasgow by the Ardrossan ferry. Famous as "Scotland in miniature," Arran is rich in scenery, castles, caves and standing stones. The walking is varied, from mountain paths to deserted beaches, from minor road-walking to boulder-hopping, and in places it is refreshingly rugged. Arran's wildlife is uniquely approachable, and its residents welcoming.
This guidebook contains all you need to plan and enjoy your trip, including a Foreword by wilderness walker Cameron McNeish:
- detailed route descriptions
- background on geology, pre-history and history
- whisky-making, wildlife and habitats
- boat trip to the Holy Isle
- map of the entire route in 4 drop-down panels (1:85,000)
- information about public transport and travel
- lavishly illustrated, with 75 color photographs
- on waterproof paper.
Submit a Review »