Explore the Great Wall
5 3/4" x 8 1/4" • 64 pages • color photographs • maps
ISBN 9781898481171 • paperback • $15.95 •
The Great Wall of China is the largest construction on earth, yet myths about it are more widely known than facts. The best way to appreciate the Great Wall is to explore it on foot. This richly illustrated book focuses on especially rewarding parts of the Ming Dynasty Wall (1368-1644), and offers:
• walking notes on seven sections in detail
• drop-down mapping of the Wall and sections
• practical information about transport and travel
• lavishly illustrated, with 70 color photographs
• rucksack-friendly format with open-flat binding.
The book sets these hiking sections in the context of various wall systems developed by different dynasties since the ninth century BC. It also explores the meaning of the Great Wall in modern China.
Submit a Review »